Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Ground Hogs Day!!



Did you remember it's Ground Hog's Day?


I always forget because it creeps up so fast after the new year and lets face it - it's ground hogs day, a day that most people don't celebrate.


Today, I forgot it was Ground Hogs Day and was pleasantly reminded when I received these at work...




They are from my dad!

Every year he sends my mom, my sister, and myself flowers for Ground Hogs Day. He started the tradition years ago when he was dating my mom and wanted another reason to give her flowers (I know what you are thinking: awhh how sweet). Well he continued the tradition throughout the years and at some point started giving Anne and I flowers as well. He started off small by giving us a single yellow flower when we were little and didn't appreciate them as much (They are always yellow flowers- with a pop of other colors). But now, I soo much look forward to them!! Every year I forget about the day and am pleasantly reminded by my dad!

Thanks Dad I LOVE them!

3 comments:

  1. They are lovely, Cover! And, I'm so glad I've been included in the women folk of the family, as I received a gorgeous bouquet this morning, as well. Happy Groundhog day to you! Check out my blog for my groundhog day story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fred Cook with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful~~~Love Groundhogs Day !!!

    ReplyDelete