Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weekend Fun

I know it has been forever since I have blogged
and for my few followers I am soo sorry :)


My sister, Anne, came to visit us a few weekends ago and we had such a great time!!


She arrived Friday night and brought her golden retriever Piper. This was the first time Piper and Ellie met and they are now best of friends!!

After the drive and a long work week we decided to unwind with cocktails!
Vodka soda with lime for Anne and I - Beer for Jeff!

I decided to do something different for an appetizer. Jeff and I normally just set out some good cheeses with crackers, but we were making Pizza for dinner so I figured we were getting enough cheese and bread there. Thinking about something that would be tasty yet not too filling I opted for Grilled Artichokes. This is the first time I had made them and I thought they were great! Recipe to follow.

Pizza for dinner!!
We made three different kinds: BBQ Chicken, Traditional with a twist, and Tomato Basil
They were great! We picked up Pizza dough at Whole Foods and added the toppings ourselves.
It was such a fun and casual dinner!

Tomato Basil: olive oil, sliced tomatoes, lots of basil, pine nuts, salt and pepper, parmesan and mozzarella cheese



Traditional with a twist: Pizza sauce, prosciutto, sauteed red onions, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese



BBQ Chicken: BBQ sauce, rotisserie chicken cut in pieces, sauteed red onions, and red pepper for a kick!




I was so proud of myself for remembering to wear my cute aprons! I passed them out to everyone!


The final product!!
We put one in the oven and the other on the grill- Both turned out well!



Images taken by Anne


Fun and Easy- Enjoy!

1 comment: