Sunday, July 25, 2010

Out with the Old & In with the New

It's sad to say but when Jeff moved in he got pushed to the guestroom -- as far as where his clothes go. I have two closets in my room but they are full with clothes, winter jackets, shoes, etc. - you know how girls are and their clothes. So.. I offered him the closets in the guest room. Unfortunately, this space is also used to store some of our wedding gifts and Christmas items. We decided it was time to bite the bullet and buy ourselves a grownup dresser, one that would last a lifetime. Previously, I had been using a pine hand-me-down dresser that we stained. It did the job but was not the greatest to look at. So we bought this:





Restoration Hardware 5- Drawer dresser





I absolutely love this store and it helped out that we were able to find a promotion code on-line!


We moved the new dresser in our bedroom and put the old dresser in the guest room for him to use. (FYI - I did offer to share the new dresser with him but he let me have it all to myself)

To go with our new dresser, Jeff just had to have a new TV. So we went to Target and bought ourselves a 32 inch LCD HDTV flat screen. I must say, if it was up to me we would have just used our old one but it sure does look a whole lot better than the bulky box TV we had before. So once again we moved the new one in and the old one to the guest room.

Of course not all old items are bad. My parents gave us an old rug they weren't using. They got it years ago from Thailand when my mom went to visit my dad, he was on a cruise there with the Navy. They used it when we were little but have since upgraded to seagrass. I was thrilled when my dad casually told us about it and offered it to us over the 4th of July weekend. After checking it out with my sister to make sure it was still in decent condition we piled it in our car and drove it up to Memphis. It is a great size and fits in perfectly with our color scheme. Thanks again mom and dad!


Below is a picture of our updated room:

I had no idea what it was missing until we added the rug. Who would of thought that a rug on top of a rug would add so much to the room. It definitely helps frame the area. This room is pretty much complete - minus a few pictures I want to add on the wall.

I know yall must be thinking that our guest room must look awful with all or our old furniture pushed in there. I promise it isn't too bad looking. It is just the one room I have held off decorating or fully furnishing until the others were done. The next items purchased or upgraded will be for the guest bedroom. One step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. i love love love the new room!!! looks amazing!! which side did you put on top for the rug??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Cover! Can't wait to see the real thing.

    ReplyDelete