Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF


SMILE!!! It's Friday!

What are yall's weekend plans? Jeff and I are headed to Arkansas to visit his grandparents. We are driving to Monticello, AR to stay with his mom's parents and then on Saturday we are taking a day trip to visit his dad's mom in Monroe, LA. Road Trip!!

Of Course, I have a few pit stops planned :)


Antiques Stores!! Yep, Jeff is willing to make a few stops with me as long as I make them short and sweet - unless we find a gold mine.

I have done some research, thanks to Google Maps, and found some Antique stores, flea markets, and outlet shops along the way!! Lately, I have LOVED shopping and searching for great buys at antique stores. I used to hear about people going "antiquing" and thought it sounded so boring but now, I can't get enough. I have found a few good places in Memphis but by far the best one's I have been to are in Birmingham, AL. My sister, Anne, shares the same passion for bargain hunting so whenever I go visit her in Birmingham we search for treasures together.

I have a few things in particular that I am searching for: Antique mirror, Vintage pictures or picture frames, and a picture for our coffee nook. I am also searching for glass door knobs for Anne. She has been updating the doors in her house with glass knobs like the ones below:

I always find a wide variety of items in antiques stores and flea markets. It is so fun to see what other people use to value. Our townhouse is so small otherwise I would be searching for a lot more. Of course, I will be keeping my eye out for any great furniture buys.

What are some of your antiques finds? Please share!

I hope yall have a great and relaxing weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. If we eventually get that spare warehouse for all of our finds then one day we can have a fully furnished beach house all set to go!

    ReplyDelete