Sunday, August 1, 2010

Country Livin'

There is just something about the country that is soo calming.
Long stretches of farmland, endless roads, crops, and trains. I don't know what it is, but I sure do love it. It just reminds me that life doesn't have to be taken so seriously and to just enjoy what we have.







You can always feel the American pride when in the country. It was shown on every corner in every small town that we passed through.



Overall, we had a very relaxing weekend even though it included a lot of driving.
Along the way back from Mimi's house (Jeff's grandmother on his dad's side) we stopped by several Antiques stores. I ended up having some luck and I am so excited about my purchases!

Isn't this such an interesting basket? What an odd shape- I love it! Got it at The Marketplace in Monticello, AR.

Another Marketplace purchase

The following items came from an antique store in Bastrop, LA called Past Perfect.




Of course there were some things that I would have bought if I had room in our house. Anne and I always say that if we had a storage shed or POD we would be able to buy everything we liked and then, when we could afford a beach house it would already be furnished. Novel idea isn't it?! Below is a picture of one of those items I would have purchased.

Three tall lanterns!! They were the perfect size and would be soo cute in a beach house.

Below are some glass items I found at one of the antique stores. I probably wouldn't have noticed / paid much attention to them if I hadn't read the post Velvet & Linen did about them. She found several at an antique store and set them on her window sill overlooking the water. They really are neat. I didn't get them though, they only had these four and I didn't think that was enough to do anything with.

5 comments:

  1. The turquoise glass bulbs are antique cable pole insulators! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend filled with family and shopping time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had some Luck~~ and a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics Cover
    -Bern

    ReplyDelete