Friday, August 27, 2010

Ellie


Ellie has officially joined the family!!



We ended up getting the Black lab that had the lime ribbon. We picked her up yesterday and had one simi sleepless night- at least for Jeff. He kept getting up at every noise she made thinking she had to go out. He had the Friday off from work (or so he thought- he had to go in after lunch) and I took the afternoon off. Since I had to go to the work in the morning, he offered to take her out in the middle of the night. Having never had a puppy before (either of us) he woke up to every sound thinking it was her letting us know she had to go to the bathroom. Live and learn- I don't think he will do that again. She woke us up around 5 o'clock when she really had to go out with a much louder moan.


She was timid when we first brought her back, but has since gotten over any fears she once had. She has burst of energy and then is out for about 2-3 hours.





Trying to keep her energy up



Jeff's brother came to meet Ellie!



She is soo cute! I will try my hardest not to make this blog all about her but I just had to post some pictures while she is still this little.
P.S. I swear she doesn't have blue eyes- it's just the way the flash went off

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - piper thinks ellie's videos are better than hanging out with us! she is cocking her ears and trying to get close to the screen to kiss her little cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reba and I can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family! Are we dog fools or what??!! I wouldn't have it any other way though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Ellie!

    OMGosh... she is so adorable! Congratulations to all of you!! Ella sends her a big puppy wag! Those videos are too cute- keep them coming!
    hugs,
    joan

    ReplyDelete