Monday, August 16, 2010

Mad about Mad Men


Have ya'll joined in with the "Mad Men" obsession? I sure have! It is one of my favorite shows and I am so glad the new season has started. If you are not familiar with the show, is it based in New York city in the 1960s and portrays the life of "Ad Men" and all of their glory.

AMC's synopsis: The series revolves around the conflicted world of Don Draper (Hamm), the biggest ad man (and ladies man) in the business, and his colleagues at the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Advertising Agency. As Don makes the plays in the boardroom and the bedroom, he struggles to stay a step ahead of the rapidly changing times and the young executives nipping at his heels. The series also depicts authentically the roles of men and women in this era while exploring the true human nature beneath the guise of 1960s traditional family values.




One of my favorite characters is Joan, Christina Hendricks! I just love her look. I read where she is really a natural blond. I couldn't believe it! She is gorgeous as a red head and it fits her so well with her pale complexion.



This shoot for the LA Times shows off some fabulous head gear from Phillip Treacy and Laura Kranitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment